The IEEE RFID Conference congratulates poster authors selected to participate in the IEEE RFID 2018 Poster Session! IEEE RFID 2018 posters will be displayed in the IEEE Poster and Mega-Challenge Area on the RFID Journal LIVE! trade show floor, which will enable attendees and industry members from both conferences to view your work. Below is the schedule that pertains to poster authors and detailed instructions on how to prepare your final abstract and poster. Please follow them carefully and contact the poster chair if you have any questions.
IEEE RFID 2018 Poster and Demo Session Schedule
- Poster Viewing Hours: Posters will be on display in the RFID Journal Live exhibit hall on. Poster authors are NOT required to remain with their poster during this time; instead, attendees of the RFID Journal Live! and IEEE RFID Conferences are free to view the posters at their leisure.
- Official Poster Session: The official poster and demo session will be held on Wednesday, April 11th from 2:30-4:15 pm. The presenting poster author is required to be present during this time to interact with poster session attendees.
- Teaser Talks: The presenting author for each accepted poster will give a short (30 second) teaser talk to generate interest in their work during the opening plenary session on Wednesday, April 11th from 8:30 – 10:00am.
- Poster Set Up and Removal: Posters may be setup on Tuesday, April 10th from 3:30 to– 6:30 pm before the reception in the exhibit hall opens, or Wednesday, April 11th from 7:00 am – 8:30 am, before IEEE Opening Plenary Session begins. Please contact the poster chair if you need to set up your poster during an alternate time. All posters must remain on display until Thursday, April 12th at 1:00 pm. Authors may remove their posters after 1:00 pm. All posters must be removed by 3:00 pm on Thursday, April 12th (Note: The IEEE RFID Conference and RFID Journal LIVE! are not be responsible for any posters remaining in the exhibit hall after 3pm on April 12th).
- Judging: The 2018 Poster Competition will be judged in two ways. First, a popular vote will be tallied from any RFID Journal Live! or IEEE RFID attendee who cast their best poster vote. These votes will be cast during the poster viewing hours and the official poster session. Second, an expert vote will be tallied from a panel of judges that will examine each poster during the official poster session time and select a best poster. Awards for the popular and expert votes will be announced on Thursday, April 12th.
- Mega Challenge: The IEEE RFID Smart Cities Mega Challenge will be held immediately after the Poster Session in the same area of the exhibit hall on Wednesday, April 11th from 4:15-5:00 pm.
Information for Authors of Accepted Posters
- Once you have received notification that your poster has been accepted, please update your abstract with any suggestions from the poster chair. Also, proofread your abstract, ensure that it is written in the IEEE 2-column format, and make sure that all author names are included. Abstracts of accepted posters will be included in the IEEE RFID 2018 digital conference proceedings, which attendees of IEEE RFID 2018 receive. (These abstracts will not be archived on IEEE Xplore as the poster session is not peer reviewed.) Updated abstracts must be uploaded to EDAS no later than February 23, 2018.
- Authors of accepted posters must fill out the poster session authorization form and upload it to EDAS with their final abstract no later than February 23, 2018. The poster authorization form should be filled out using a black or blue pen (no pencils, please).
- Authors of accepted posters are required to print their own poster and bring it to the conference venue. Posters should be prepared in Landscape orientation with the preferred Poster Sizes of 36” Tall x 48” Wide or 42″ x 56″, 48″ x 64″, 30″ x 40″, or International Standard A0 Size (84.1 cm x 118.9 cm).
- Each accepted poster must be posted in the display area and presented for discussion during the poster session. The poster presenter must be an author of the poster and that author must be registered for the conference based on their IEEE membership status: Member, Life/Retired/Student, or Non-Member. Once an author of an accepted Paper has registered for the conference at the member or non-member fee, it is not necessary to register again for one accepted poster display. Early (discounted) registration ends March 2.
- For authors presenting demonstrations, we will provide power strips (US 110V/60Hz mains power) and a 6-foot (1.8m) table. Authors with demos must indicate that their poster presentation involves a demo when uploading their extended abstract to EDAS; otherwise, power and a table will not be provided.
- IEEE Manuscript Templates for Conferences– Proper formatting for the RFID 2018 conference in LaTeX and Microsoft Word.
- IEEE PDF Checker– Online tool for checking that your submitted PDF has the embedded fonts and correct paper size for the RFID 2018 conference.
- IEEE Author Digital Toolbox– Tools provided by the IEEE to ensure your pdf and figures conform to pertinent standards.